10.5.07

Other unspoken things aside, I've been thinking.

Some people have already read Ishmael, and others I gather are interested in reading it. Perhaps we could organise to meet for a couple of nights to discuss it? If there is enough interest perhaps we could consequently meet to discuss the rest of the books in the series. And then even more consequently meet to discuss other interesting things; the state of the world, our place in it, what to do about it, etc. These are all things you might have guessed I've spent some time thinking about and have (strongish) opinions on.

WARNING: Reading such books and discussing such things has been known to break minds, lives, and dreams. Also many things I say are intended to have a similar effect. Sorry on both accounts in advance. (I'm sorry like your mum is when she gives you those horrible syrup medications.)

Because apparently not everyone reads my blog, I shall also email this message out to people who I think are likely to be interested.

13 comments:

Matt said...

I am (not surprisingly) very keen.

Christina said...

Sure.

Matthew P said...

Looks interesting. Is the reading of the book necessary, or is a summary (like the wikipedia one) good enough to base a discussion on?

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
era said...

Sweet. I think you'll get a lot more out of the discussion if you have read the book.

I think Mike currently has Kat's copy. I suggest you let him know you would like it after him. Otherwise I'm sure some local libraries have copies.

I guess once everyone has read it we'll then work out a time to meet that works.

Christina said...

Dude! You said it would break my mind! I was kinda lookin' forward to that and all.

Can I have my $ back now? :P

era said...

It was a warning, not a promise. Like smoking may cause lung cancer. Besides, I haven't had my turn yet ;)

era said...

I hear-tell that a significant number of people have read Ishmael. In light of which I suppose we should discuss and arrange a suitable time to meet up to discuss it. So, which day of the week is most suitable for most people?

Just list the numbers you like.
1. Tues evening
2. Weds evening
3. Thurs evening
4. Fri evening
5. Sat day
6. Sat evening
7. Sun day

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Matt said...

2, 4, 5, 6

Kat said...

1, but not till late June.
3, but only fortnightly
4, 5, 6

era said...

/horse announcing voice
4 looks to be in front by a neck. 5 & 6 tied in second place and 3 is somewhere behind them. This sure is going to be an exciting race. I cannot wait to see how it ends!

/parent voice
I guess we should meet up more as a one off to begin with just to see what is likely to work and go from there if we feel like there is anywhere more we want to go to.

/anarchist voice
Also just because I suggested this doesn't mean I'm in charge or anything responsible or leaderish like that. Just like in reality we're all just a bunch of people, so we should pretend it that way too.

Christina said...

3,4,5,6

But not until mid-late June :(